Wednesday 4 August 2004

Yamaha Pacifica 112 Guitar Project

Yamaha Pacifica 112 Guitar Project
I have a new guitar project to get working on, namely a second-hand Yamaha Pacifica 112 body and neck. It does have a scratchplate but there are no electrics and no bridge/tremolo. The neck, however, does have all its tuners intact, and it just so happens that in my box of guitar spares I already have a Pacifica 112 scratchplate loaded with a humbucker and two single coils - all wired up and ready to go. I think I may have a suitable bridge/tremolo for it too.

On the guitar body itself, someone has had a go at stripping it down to the bare wood, but they have hardly made a brilliant job of it. The first job to do will be to get it sanded properly, nice and smooth, and then I think I'll re-apply a finish - I will most likely use my tried and trusted remedy of Ronseal All In One - it's very easy to apply and gives a superb natural finish.

As for the neck, well, at the moment it appears to be slightly bowed, but we'll have to see what it's like once the instrument is finished and strung up. Hopefully, it'll not need much more than a truss-rod adjustment.

More on this project later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis